With baked-on Grime, ovens are usually one of the hardest things to clean in households (and gross).
Often oven cleaners are filled with chemicals and are toxic. The fumes are the most dangerous part of oven self-cleaners, when breathed, they can have terrible effects.
I’ve found a natural alternative method that is super cheap and non-toxic. It does however, require a lot of elbow grease. When I tried this method at home it took be about an hour to scrub the oven clean, but not using toxic chemicals makes it worth it.
Give it a try next time the oven needs a clean:
A spray bottle
- Remove everything from inside the oven (metal racks etc)
- Spray the entire oven thoroughly with water
- Sprinkle baking soda all over oven. Use rubber gloves to apply to sides of oven. Make sure you sprinkle a think layer especially on the bottom of the oven where there is usually baked on black grime
- Leave overnight
- In the morning, simply wipe away all baking soda with a damp cloth
- Spray residue soda with vinegar, leave it to react and bubble and wipe away excess
And its easy as that. A naturally clean sparkly oven with no toxic chemicals!